Sunday, March 10, 2024

Storyboard

 

March 5th, 2024


What's up guys I hope you're doing well today. I know I forgot to post the last blog post for last week yesterday because I was extremely busy studying for 2 tests that I had to due today. Anyways, today is a different day and a new week, which means that I am going to be productive and start working with my partner. There is only oneeeee tiny issue...


FRAN'S NOT HERE.



I can't express how much that picture describes my heart right now

In all of my years of being a human being, this is the biggest sense of betrayal I have felt in my life. But it's ok, because we knew eventually something like this would happen and we prepared for it. Today we are going to start on the storyboard



How I feel about them:

So I have a love-hate relationship with storyboards. My teacher says that our drawings do not need to be at a professional level, and not to worry about whether or not we think it looks good, BUT I SUCK AT DRAWING. IT'S EMBERASSING AT THIS POINT. And while her advice made me feel better about myself, my inner me is competitive like no one you've ever met, so I want to make the drawings as sick as possible.



My stick figures make this drawing look good by the way.... Imagine how bad they must be.


The Plan:

The idea for our storyboard is basic and shouldn't me more than an hour to do. We're going to do probably about 9 frames of drawing just to organize our thoughts and our shot ideas so that we have no issues filming later on. Speaking of filming, I am going to ask Fran about whether or not he would be down to record later this week so that we do not get caught lacking by the project in the later projects.



Fran texted me yesterday saying that he for sure wants to start off with the opening as the protagonist training soccer and working really hard so the audience completely understands that he is hard working and very passionate about the sport that he plays. This will also help us get the title introduced very early on into the opening. This will solve one of the biggest issues that we had regrading the tittle, and then we would need to just figure out the font we are going to use {Which is also killer don't worry :)}



So for the compilation of the protagonist shooting, I am thinking that we get an intense close up shot of just the ball getting kicked by the protagonist. I think this will help us stand out in projects and will be a unique aspect that only our project includes. Ima storyboard this really quick and let you know how it goes. Ok so I'm back and it actually wasn't as long as I thought it was going to be.



After the compilation, Fran wants to have the kid go straight to school all sweaty and dirty in order to show that he has no time to play after school because he is poor so he must use his sleep time in order to put the hours in to achieve his dream. To get this image of him walking to his mom's car to drive to school, we are probably going to need to use a tracking pan shot from left to right to show him walking with all his stuff


In the car we are going to probably have constant cuts from the protagonist and his mom having conversation about how the training went, to where the protagonist starts getting angrier because he is upset about the life that he has.


At school we are probably going to use a lot of close ups and long shots of the bullies walking around and messing with the protagonist to show the deep and complex issues that he has to go through because of his hygiene and his clothes. This is going to take me a lot more to illustrate on the storyboard, so I will write back as soon as I am done with this. Ok so that one took WAYYYYYY longer than it should've but it got done. I am going to text Fran about how he wants to do the shots for the final of the opening because I feel like we HAVE to get that right as it is one of the things that the viewer is going to remember the most. He responded very fast (why are you not in class if you're not brutally sick or dead Fran......) and said that he wants to focus more on the protagonist's phone as he is asleep and show the constant notifications that he is getting because he is about to blow up overnight.



I am going to list that last shot on a zoom shot, that will slowly close in on the phone as the notifications start to get more rapid and in a way, more dramatic, The shot will get closer and closer to the shot which will help create suspense inside of the viewer and make them want to keep watching.



The end of today:

Anyways guys that's all I got for today, I know it was a bit of a short blog, but that's because I can't really do much without Fran here. Later today I am going to stop by his house and give him the storyboard so that he can add any details that he wants to add, and I will post the final storyboard later today or tomorrow by latest. I think this whole idea of a storyboard is going to hep out tremendously when it comes to shooting because me and Fran tend to panic when it comes time to film. By doing this, I feel like it will help us organize our thoughts when we record. I am going to probably update this a lot later but I feel really good with what I have written down.



Our thoughts after doing this storyboard (well organized in case you couldn't tell by the image)



(Just between us, Bob Ross had nothing on my drawings today)


Peace guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 The final moments (almost brings a tear to my eye) After a lot of recording and even more editing, my CCR is finally complete. I really enj...