Thursday, February 29, 2024

The meeting

 

February 29th, 2024 (Leap Yearrrrrrrrrrrr)

What's up guys, I'm back and I have to admit that I m back with a new mind today and I am SOOOOOOO ready for this meeting today with my classmates for the whole purpose of the fact that I need to here some advice on how to improve my blogs and even get potential harsh criticism on my idea so that I can fix anything that is loose or not to the expectations you guys have (which is quite honestly  a bit too much for my personal opinion like if you guys could give out free A's this year it would be greatly appreciated).  



This meeting was great, I noticed that quite frankly, everyone is just as stressed out about this project as I am which made me feel a whole lot better about how me and Fran's pacing is going. There were 5 other people in my group and we just had a calm discussion as normal teenagers who could use each other's help trying to get a grade for this stressful test (again..... your fault....)


Anywaysssssssssssss

Here's how it went.

The first person (and the bravest) to go an start talking about their idea was my friend Sofia. Me and Sofia have another class together so we've already bene talking about our ideas for our project and how we are going to organize ourselves for the following weeks. But anyways, she told us about her drama genre opening where she is going to make a transition from a bathtub to the water which created a lot of shock in the group cause that's going to take a lot of effort and time from her part. But her idea is interesting I have to say. She's gotten influenced by a lot of her favorite shows and movies in order to create her idea.


Before I go to what the other members of my group shared and what I shared about my project I want to tell you guys about the aspect that we spent the most time on while we were sharing and having a good time



The Issues:

So it turn out that when you give a whole bunch of teenagers the same task but with different ideas, they all somehow end up with the same issue. THE TITTLE. OH.MY.GOD. when  I tell you guys that laterally no one in the meeting knew what in the world they were gonna name their film, I'm not lying. Like everyone knows what their idea is going to be, but at the same time everyone agrees that making a tittle is going to be so hard to come up with, along with where to put it in the opening. Now, we were clearly told that we CANNOT put the tittle at the end of the opening but anywhere else just feels weird (I got a suggestion that I might use though)




The other issue that everyone in the group was sharing was the fact that nobody has any idea what they are going to use for mise-en-scene elements. Like everyone is excited for that part of their project because thy enjoy it (cant relate), but nobody knows how they're going to implement it into their film opening. I feel like Fran is going to take care of that aspect because he knows that I am just not good when it comes to that section of media. Like I can write about it pretty good (I like to think), but I just can't implement it into actual projects.



This one isn't really a concern but I noticed that I am the only one that isn't working by myself. I asked around cause it is one of the concerns that I had cause I was wondering whether or not it was a bad idea to choose a partner. but after asking around the group, I noticed that I am nothing like them. In the sense that they like to have full control of the situation and don't like people criticizing their idea, while I love to be told that my ideas can be improved by another person. And the other 2 reasons why I wanted a partner is because I feel like they're a safety net in the sense that if I can't do something one day then Fran can come and back me up when I need him, and vice versa, and me and Fran work really good together.




Back to ideas:

after me came this girl whose name I didn't happen to get, but its one of the girls that I have always wanted to hear from because I know that she loves media nd she is FANTASTIC in all of the assignments she has been given this year. Her idea was awesome too. She's doing this detective themed opening where she is going to film in New York for Spring Break and honestly, I wanted to watch it immediately after she pitched it to us. One of her main concerns, however was that she didn't know how to open a door where the detectives come in so the rest of the group gave her ideas that she could use if she wanted to and she was very grateful



There were 3 more suggestions but I did not find 2 of them entertaining and I feel like the people did not want to share their idea because it is not completely developed, and because they thought they were going to get heavily judged. There ideas weren't bad, they just did not give me personally enough information to give feedback in anyway.


The last girl that talked was this girl named Corrina. She knew from the very beginning that she did wanted to do something coming of age. She had done so much research on shows I had never heard of but she also had a lot of complaints about her idea. She mentioned how she did not know when to start her storyboard and what types of shots she wanted to use for her opening. She knows that she wants to use her dad's coworkers for her opening because she feels that child actors at our school will not only make the film less entertaining, but she feels like she has nobody to ask that's a good actor at our age (which is a very fair point)




What me and my group thought we looked like when we were presenting our ideas





Fun Parts:

This meeting was honestly so much fun,. I genuinely had so much more fun then I thought it was going to be and even though our teacher was walking around, she wasn't saying anything negative and instead was just enjoying our conversations. 


Other than the meeting being fun because I met new people that I thought I would never talk to, I also got so much good feedback about my project and Fran did too. So with this new set of ideas from other people who also want what's best in our interest, we are going to take steps forward now and advance with this wonderful project that we have.




Thanks for reading today guys, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this one because I just had so much to talk about and I feel like it helped me clear my mind and express what I wanted to. I'll write in here on Saturday and let you guys know about new information.


Peace





No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 The final moments (almost brings a tear to my eye) After a lot of recording and even more editing, my CCR is finally complete. I really enj...