Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Mise-en-scene elements research

 Hey guys hope your doing well and that you had a good day yesterday. I know I wrote in here yesterday and I normally don't even write in here 2 days in a row but oh well it has to be done as I am not going to be here on Friday as I have a soccer tournament to attend to. (I know I know you guys can stop crying)

Yesterday I mentioned and gave a centralized idea about what I thought the script could look like, and after further review (my teacher's inspiration to us, and chats with Francisco) we are definitely going to need to change a lot of it. While the idea is good, our teacher helped us realize how we can improve it significantly if we give it a little more time.


Anyways, back to the main idea of today, the most dreaded blog for what I think the whole project. Mise-en-scene. I HATE having to work with this. Like its just so annoying for absolutely no reason and now I have to do a whole blog and NOT ONLY THAT, but I have to research for the next couple of hours (even at home) and implement it to our film opening 


My poor computer is going to be receiving head bangs for the whole day today because I just can't ignore my anger with this subject.




Let's Begin


Ok so me and Fran have been discussing what we want to do in terms of color for our character and w have decided that we are probably going to go with a blue soccer shirt of our character to try and represent the sadness that he is feeling inside due to his poor life and the constant handling of bullying that he has to overcome.


In terms of lights, I have BEGGED Fran to try and incorporate a constant flashing in at least one of the scenes that we do in the opening. Although the place that we want to film at (our local Regional Soccer Park) has a lot of bright lights when it is dark, I remembered this commercial back from when I was a kid from Nike.




This commercial was way ahead of its time without a shadow of a doubt (I'm obviously being delusional but this commercial was one of my childhood favorites so it holds a very special place in my heart) 


There are 2 main reasons to why I choose this Ad as such inspiration for me and Fran's opening project.


1) The whole aspect of an irrelevant kid being swapped into a world famous soccer star is a good concept that me and Fran could tweak to get the "getting famous" aspect done


2) The flash aspect from the fans in the stadium is something I really enjoy and I feel I could use it in some way for the project





That's all I got for today guys, next time I am going to have  meeting with some of my classmates to talk bout potential feedback and ways to improve my blog because I do feel like I am struggling a bit when it comes to writing down the ideas in my head and how to express them 



Hope you guys enjoyed today and peace



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 The final moments (almost brings a tear to my eye) After a lot of recording and even more editing, my CCR is finally complete. I really enj...