Thursday, February 15, 2024

Genre and Drama research

2/15/24

So VERY good news!!!! Francisco agreed to working with me on the project and I'm super excited to start working and creating ideas with him, because we are both very similar in minds and we have the same tastes when it comes to creating film projects. So far we have come up with 2 major genres that we feel could be executed at a high level for us and that will guarantee a good score for this part of the exam.



The first genre is Drama. Now, this was Francisco's recommendation initially. I personally don't feel as comfortable working  on that genre as I am not very skilled or experienced when working with this theme as it requires a lot of elements that I am not usually used to working with. But I'm not gonna lie, Fran is an expert working with drama films and he always scores well when working with this genre so I feel very safe trusting him with this idea and I can't wait to see what story he comes up with so that we can research and discuss it later. The costume aspect of this genre has always been something that has fascinated me in so many different ways, but at the same time it frightens me, cause I am not sure if we have time to make our own costumes or if we will have to buy some from online.


The second genre we had planned (my suggestion) is action. Action films are some of the most entertaining and attention grabbing in the entire film world. This genre is vary engaging and it comes with a lot of exciting scenery from the start which is my goal with this project. I feel like if we come up with a good idea for this genre, we could have so much fun at the same time that it wouldn't even feel like working for a grade. My first concern with action though, that I had not thought about previously, is the fact that action movies often require a lot of visual effects and explosions that we don't have time to do, but at the same time could be covered up with other action moves and characteristics like fighting and running. I'll tell you guys by tomorrow what we came up with and how we plan to move forward with this exciting project.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

 The final moments (almost brings a tear to my eye) After a lot of recording and even more editing, my CCR is finally complete. I really enj...